Sunday, October 2, 2011

Top 5 - October 2011

Fall is in full swing although with the temperamental weather, you can hardly tell. Some days I feel like bringing out all the richer eye and lip hues I've been wanting to use for months. But most of the time, I feel like it just hasn't been consistently cold enough to wear them. Keeping it real, these are the items I've found myself reaching for most often:

1. Shiseido The Makeup Powdery Foundation SPF 15- I usually keep this in my purse because I popped the refill into the case for the Luminizing Color Powder that comes with a brush. The powder works well for touch ups, it also works well to set foundation and give it a real airbrushed finish. The other thing that keeps this a staple for me is the brush included when you buy the luminizer case. I can't apply powder with a puff. I'm just not used to it. This brush? It's perfect. I almost I want to buy another case because I want another brush!!!

2. Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder in Blonde - Easy color for cheeks and all over the face, all year round. I dust it more heavily on cheeks as a blush and distribute the remaining powder on the temples, forehead, nose and chin. It's the one step blush and bronzer look that I seem to revert back to often. I can even use the brush from the Shiseido Luminizer case (see above) to apply it.

3. Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Longwear Luminous Eyeshadow in Epatant - I've reviewed the shade Mirifique here and added more information on another post (here) but until I tried Epatant, I wasn't sure I wanted to grab another one. Now I know! The silvery grey-green is mesmerizing when on.




4. MAC Fluidline in Avenue - If you're looking for a compromise between black and brown, I think that this is a good option. It has subtle gold glitter that gives it a little something extra and softens the darkness of the shade. The formula is also very smooth and non-irritating. Review out soon.




5. Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser - It took me a little time to get used to it but this is now my everyday cleanser. It cleans well, feels nice on the skin, lathers up beautifully and keeps my skin looking fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment