Monday, October 31, 2011

Too Faced Shadow Insurance

I just wanted to post a quick blurb about this eyeshadow primer, since I've been using it with the Too Faced palettes I previously featured. If you want the colors to show up a little more vibrantly and adhere better to the lid, this is what you need.



Mine is a special sample size that I received awhile back. I had a few of these but friends keep asking for them so I'm down to one last tube. I'm only too happy to give them away since I think that the product performs particularly well for what it's supposed to do. It's a perfect match for my skin tone and blends out so well that all I notice is how clean the eye canvas looks.

Since you use so little at a time, the tube lasts a long time. In fact, I had one tube that I had for too long that the product started to separate. If anything, that's the only thing that annoys me about the product. If you use it constantly, it won't be a problem since you could use up an entire tube more quickly. It's kept my eye looks crease-free and fade-proof and it's just a really good overall eye primer.

Although it's not clear, I like the delivery system of the tube of Shadow Insurance better than the wand on the NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. You just squeeze out a little bit on your finger or on the back of the hand, which is what I do. I then warm up the formula by running my finger around it in circles and spread it on my lids using the ring finger. You don't necessarily have to warm it up because it has a smooth consistency either way. I've just gotten used to doing that with most creams. You can use a brush too but for me, this is one of the few products that I actually prefer to use fingers with.

At the end of the day, I think Too Faced's Shadow Insurance is just easier to use and performs just as well as NARS. I may actually end up buying this one over all the other brands I use once my supply runs low.

No comments:

Post a Comment