Monday, October 3, 2011

MAC Me Over Fluidline in Avenue

I'd been meaning to grab one of these for ages. I mean the Fluidlines. I have a lot of eyeliner, and I tend to stick to basic colors so I never could decide what to get. But I was drawn in by this lovely black brown with tiny gold specks. The gold glitter is not too noticeable when on (and I like that because I'm not so sure how much use I'd have for a glitterbomb) but I think that it lends the shade a certain dimension that adds to its appeal.


MAC Fluidline in Avenue

I've been told that these can be used as an eyeshadow base and I think that this would be a lovely color for that purpose, if I needed something very dark. I'd been using it only as eyeliner and I'm already totally hooked. It reminds me of a Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner that I have, a shade called Black Topaz, and I'm really happy that I now have something to replace Black Topaz with because Bobbi Brown's Gel Eyeliners sometimes irritate my eyes. MAC's Fluidline does not. I even used it on the lashline despite it having glitter. I didn't have any problems. It doesn't apply as richly as Black Topaz but as this is the only Fluidline I own, I don't know if Fluidlines just aren't as pigmented as Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliners in general, or if it's because I'm comparing Black Topaz with Avenue. For these two shades, I've simply found that it takes more layers of Avenue to get a color as deep as Black Topaz. That said, the color comes pretty close.


Left: Avenue, Right: Black Topaz

I know that I'm going to get a lot of use out of Avenue and all the times I've worn it, I've been happy with it. It lasts all day (including a 14 hour day, half of which I spent walking around Manhattan) and it looks great no matter how I wear it. I've worn it alone and it looked really pretty. I've worn it with a very shimmery eyeshadow and it seamlessly blended with the metallic green. I've also worn it with different textures, cream and powder and it holds its own. I know that this is limited edition so if you can still get your hands on it, I highly recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment