It's been a busy month, like always. Truthfully, I haven't had much opportunity to test a lot of makeup so I've been concentrating on my skincare routine and trying out some new products which I will be reviewing in the coming weeks. My top 5 for this month:
1. Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Toff - I put this on my toes and never wanted to take it off! I think it's a wonderful compromise between brown and violet. Kudos to Butter for wider availability. There's a Butter display now at my local Nordstrom and at Ulta stores. I hope to see more colors in the same fabulous formula as Toff.
2. Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Blush - I find myself reaching for this lipstick often these days. It's not really the easiest thing, finding a perfect pink nude shade. For me, this is one of them. I keep thinking of getting a backup before it's phased out forever but I just tell myself that by the time the tube runs out, I will have found a new favorite so I don't. But it's very tempting!
3. Clear Lip Gloss and Balms - Because I've been engaging in a lot of physical activity lately (hey, the weather won't be warm forever), with less makeup or no makeup, my other best friend has been clear gloss. I picked up the L'Oreal Color Juice Sheer Juicy Lip Gloss in Peek-A-Boo Clear on clearance at my local Target and have been using that a lot. This weekend, I chanced upon the Kiehl's Lip Balm SPF 15 at Costco. You get a twin pack for around $12.99, which gives you a little savings over the $9.50 per tube you'd spend getting it elsewhere. I can't say if this is going to be my favorite balm but I may put out a review for it later this week.
4. C9 by Champion Active Wear - Time to fess up. If you've noted the slower pace that the blog has taken (less posts during the week), I've been having some physical issues that needed to be dealt with. Specifically some lower back, hip and knee pain which means I'm not as mobile as I'd like to be. At some point, I couldn't even rotate or bend my back to take all the pictures that I wanted for my blog! Sitting for extended periods to write lengthy entries also hasn't been very easy. With some pain management worked out and the physical therapy, I can now function normally. And of course, I used that as an excuse to get some new gear. I've recently purchased some active wear from Target. C9 by Champion has the most comfortable and pretty racerback camis and sports bras I've worn in years. Heck, I'd even wear them all day! I grabbed some yoga capris, sweatpants and shorts too. Everything's been phenomenal for my low impact exercises and the price point is really palatable. I tossed out all the old Nike sports bras and FILA sweat pants I had and stocked up on these.
5. Last but not least FREE SHIPPING ON ANY ORDER at Nordstrom.com - That's free shipping, no matter how small your purchase is. Free returns too! (There'll be a few minor exclusions like COACH items and the Westin Heavenly Bed but if all you wanted was a bottle of nailpolish? Free standard shipping!) That's one of the best things I've heard all week.