Thursday, September 15, 2011

Laura Mercier Eye Colour Duos in Cocoa Rose and Plum Spice

I was perusing the Laura Mercier website after discovering that Coupon Cactus* now offers cashback for purchases made thru them. I was thrilled by the prospect because I hadn't seen any other cashback site that works with Laura Mercier. Even more exciting, I noted a couple of eyeshadow duos that have been marked down to $10 apiece (but only on their website). First is the Matte Eye Colour Duo in Cocoa Rose and the other is the Sateen Eye Colour Duo in Plum Spice.


Left: Cocoa Rose, Right: Plum Spice

Full-size Laura Mercier eyeshadows are normally $22 each. The duos contain 0.09 oz. of product, just like the single eyeshadows, but you get two colours, half on each side. It's still a decent amount of color if you consider, for instance, that one MAC eyeshadow is 0.04-0.05 oz per pan depending on which kind. With the price cut, you're getting the duos for $5 per color. Worth checking out, no?


Laura Mercier Eye Colour Duo in Cocoa Rose

Forgive me if the photograph of Cocoa Rose is of gently used product. I got my Cocoa Rose right around the time that the Polished Collection was released with these Limited Edition shades. It's a cream and brown duo. Completely matte. I think that they are practical shades to have in a collection. The texture of the powder is smooth and they integrate really well with other colors that I have from the brand.


Laura Mercier Eye Colour Duo in Plum Spice

After a bit of thought, I decided to get Plum Spice, which is something of a peach and plum combination. The finish isn't quite shimmery, nor is it matte. I find that it takes a bit of layering to intensify the colors in this duo but I like that it means I can take my time to build color and blend out with each additional layer. Although I haven't tried it, I suspect this could double as a quick blush if you absolutely needed it. Just blend it well.


Swatches from left: Cocoa Rose, Plum Spice

Note that when these were released, they were limited edition and I suspect that the only place that still carries them is the manufacturer's website. At the current markdown, I think it's worth a grab. If you're picking up a tube of your favorite Tinted Moisturizer and you need a filler to get free shipping, they're priced perfectly. If you'd like to read my thoughts on Laura Mercier's foundation offerings, I have an old post here that could help you pick the right one. (Note that the post is current only until the date that it was originally published and may not include any foundation items released after).

In the coming days, I should be able to share some pictures of the Laura Mercier Caviar sticks and show you swatches of some Metallic Creme Eye Colours that I have in my collection. My personal favorite right now is the Amethyst Caviar Stick and my old go-to is the Gold Metallic Creme Eye Colour.

*referral link

No comments:

Post a Comment