Sunday, September 11, 2011

Kiehl's Lip Balm SPF 15

I bought this tube of lip balm at Costco last Sunday. I bought two tubes to be exact. I love lip balm. It's a cheap thrill for me. Granted, the discounted $12.99 for two still isn't cheap. It's better than paying $9.50 apiece.




The lip balm is housed in a white tube with an elongated tip so you can apply the balm without using your fingers. Personally, it's not my favorite dispensing system but I know that some people like it. If I'm not using a lip brush, I usually just swipe it on my lower lip and then spread it with a finger. Then I wipe down the tip with a sheet of tissue. It keeps it clean.




The product I have is colorless, odorless, tasteless and for the most part feels like I've simply swiped Petroleum Jelly on my lips. This is not a surprise considering that it is almost 70% petrolatum. However, it also contains octinoxate and oxybenzone so you get some sun protection.




Despite knowing what to expect, I was a little disappointed that the product isn't more special. I wanted something more because it had the Kiehl's name on there. I know there are tinted versions of this product and I'm not inclined to try them because I feel like I'm missing some of the fun things I've come to expect of lip balm. Maybe a mint effect, maybe a sweet scent, maybe more lasting moisturization. But right now, even Cherry Chapstick gives me more satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment