Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Butter London Nail Lacquer Trio

I had been itching to order the shade All Hail The Queen when I saw this trio offered by Ulta. It includes All Hail The Queen, Pink Ribbon and Royal Navy. According to Ulta's website, Royal Navy is exclusive to the set. However, I have found it sold by itself on Butter's webite and Nordstrom so this information is not accurate.




These normally retail for $14 per bottle. At $30, the set is a better value than buying the colors separately. Most other packs of three are $36 but it's really all about the color. Pink Ribbon and Royal Navy both have a cream finish. Pink Ribbon is a sheer pink and Royal Navy is a daring, opaque navy blue. All Hail The Queen, which I attempted to order during its heyday (my order was cancelled because the shade was out of stock everywhere for a period), is a very light, semi-sheer brown with a glitter finish. The effect is subtle and interesting although I didn't love it as much as I thought I would. Pink Ribbon appealed to my conservative sense and I think it will be the most useful for me.




Like most of the brand's colors, these three apply nicely. I haven't tested them out for full wear but I did swatch the shades for you. If my experience with the brand stays true, these should stay on beautifully all week.




Right now, Ulta is offering a free No More Waity Katie Lippy with any $30 Butter purchase online. The brand is considered a prestige brand so most coupons will not apply. However, you can get 5% cashback if you link through Ebates* or 4.5% cashback if you link to Ulta via Coupon Cactus*. New sign ups can additionally get a $3 sign up bonus with promotion code CODY, only on Coupon Cactus. Ulta also offers free shipping codes on their website.

*referral links

No comments:

Post a Comment