Thursday, September 29, 2011

Another look at Rouge G de Guerlain in Gisele

I was going through my archives and decided that a repost on the Rouge G in Gisele was in order. Most know that the jewel case is engravable but there are also already engraved versions out in various shades. One such shade is Gisele, a deep golden rose, engraved with XOXO on the side.




If I were to give or receive this lipstick as a gift, I think that an engraving would make it even more luxurious and special. It's more personal. XOXO doesn't mean all that much to me but if anything, it makes it a little easier for me to sort between the Rouge Gs on my vanity.


Gisele


Gisele is my favorite Rouge G and I've noticed that it is a bit similar to the two Rouge Automatique lipsticks that I more recently purchased. Apres L'Ondee on the left leans more pink and Bal de Mai on the right is more peachy. But they're cut from the same cloth.


From left: Rouge Automatique in Apres L'Ondee, Gisele, Rouge Automatique in Bal de Mai

It's common for women to gravitate towards one particular shade family. For me, I like nudes and pinks and reach for rosier colors when out for something special or if I simply need a pick me up. I treat this brand with a bit of reverence and determined that if I'm going to drop a pretty penny on lip color, it should be something noticeable. Gisele is that almost red that I could wear if I wanted to call attention to my lips. It's not red, by any measure, but the pigmentation is so rich that you can intensify it to define your lips as well as a red. At the same time, it's so versatile that you can tone it down to an almost MLBB effect.

When the Rouge Automatique lipsticks came out, I unwittingly grabbed a couple of shades that aren't too far off from Gisele. Although they're not the same (Gisele is still the rosiest of the bunch), it's nice to know that I can get a Rouge Automatique for a little bit less and get the same creamy, long-lasting formula in a similar color. Maybe there's an exact dupe. I don't know. But I like that this means I can save Gisele for really special days.


No comments:

Post a Comment