Sunday, August 7, 2011

Top 5 - August 2011

Another month already! I've been working the no makeup makeup look these last few summer weeks. But some products are too good to resist. Right now, these are the top 5 performers on my beauty table:

1. Soleil Tan de Chanel Moisturizing Bronzing Powder in Bronze Rose - I admit, I bought this because it looked pretty in the pan but I didn't actually appreciate it until I saw Lisa Eldridge work the pink strip as a blush, separate from the rest of the bronzer colors. Now I swirl my bronzer brush over the top 3 strips and apply that as bronzer before I dip my blush brush into the pink strip and brighten cheeks with just that color. I am loving the bronzer strips because they don't have a hint of orange and they work spectacularly with the pink blush strip to give you a touch of color on the face. How versatile is that?



2. DiorSkin Forever Wear-Extending Invisible Retouch Powder - This was a pleasant surprise as far as powders go because it's proven to be a really good setting powder as well. While it provides no coverage, I've found that on super hot, humid days, I can wear this powder all by itself to zap shine. Somehow, I still end up picture ready. How cool is that?

3. Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Apres L'Ondee - I've declared it my new favorite lipstick. I can sense that this shade will transcend the seasons. The color brightens my face but is never excessive. It's opaque but not drying and wear time is really quite impressive.

4. Revlon Luxurious Color Satin Eyeshadow in Polished Bronze -  Discovery of the week, if you will! It's by no means a perfect formula but it's a very good shade all around and so affordable. I've actually found myself reaching for Polished Bronze quite often this past month. Although I'm not sure its reign will be very long as the Wet N Wild shadows I have lined up are looking like some fierce competition. Give me a couple of weeks and I should have some reviews out.

5. Chanel Nail Color in Pulsion - I've had the opportunity to play with dozens of colors through the spring and summer but for some strange reason, the color I liked the most on my toes for this summer is one that Chanel released last December! Pulsion has such a perfect formula that it's almost easy to overlook that it is also a beautiful bright pink shade. Applies like a dream, lasts for weeks with not a single chip or fading and a perfect pink. What more could toes ask for?


No comments:

Post a Comment