Friday, August 5, 2011

Revlon Luxurious Color Satin Eyeshadow in Polished Bronze

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm going to review the other Satin Eyeshadow that I picked out from Revlon's roster of singles. This is Polished Bronze.

Revlon Luxurious Color Satin Eyeshadow in 010 Polished Bronze

I picked out this color just going by the way it looked in the case. Target doesn't have testers for Revlon eyeshadows and it was the only other "satin" shade that seemed interesting to me. As a bronze, I'm glad that it didn't lean very yellow like the L'Oreal Wear Infinite Eyeshadow in Gilded Bronze. Nor was it greenish. If anything, this bronze feels like a taupey golden brown. It's like a lighter sister of my beloved Laura Mercier in Bamboo, which thrills me no end.



I think Polished Bronze is a lovely color. When you need something easy and taupey for everyday, this hits the spot. Combined with Nude Slip which I talked about yesterday, you have a goofproof combo that you can use daily for around $12 or less. I've seen these two shades sold as a combo, basically two for the price of one. I missed out on it but have no regrets picking them up separately.


Left: Polished Bronze, Right: Nude Slip
Revlon 010 Polished Bronze

Just like Nude Slip, I think that Polished Bronze runs a tad powdery but the pigmentation is pretty good. This is easy to layer. I use it as a crease color and sweep it over the browbone a little. If you want more depth, you can blend in a darker brown shade (I'll review the one I use with it, the Matte Rich Sable) and use a peachy pink highlighter to make a versatile everyday quad.


No comments:

Post a Comment