Thursday, August 11, 2011

Revlon ColorStay Mineral Blush in Petal


Revlon ColorStay Mineral Blush in 020 Petal

I already mentioned having used the Petal blush in yesterday's post about the Revlon ColorStay Mineral Bronzer in Golden Bronze. I got this blush ahead of the bronzer and I sure as heck didn't pay just $5 for it! I had higher expectations, to say the least. The color seems to be your basic pale pink, which depending on the lighting can lean brown (poor fluorescent), beige (bright white), or even peach (afternoon sun). Under ordinary circumstances, this looks like a very dull pink shade.

Swatching the product, I already had the sense that pigmentation was going to be rather poor. I had to swipe the product at least five times to get the color to be visible. When applied on the cheek, the effect is the same. You'll need multiple doses to get the color to show. I've also previously mentioned how natural hair brushes seem to grab the pigment better so you definitely won't want to use the included brush.





I'm not entirely sure how the product is adhered to the pan but after a few uses, mine started to swivel around in the pan. It rotates but hasn't fallen off. I actually tried to shake it loose so that I could just glue it back to the pan but it won't come off. So right now, I'm dealing with the annoying spinning of the round cake of blush in its pan.


Revlon ColorStay Mineral Blush in Petal

Having said all that, I think that this is not a bad blush at all. The color is flattering to my skin tone and looks very natural. With a number of patient swipes, I can get the color to appear nicely pink but not overdone and I haven't had to retouch it all day. My gripes are that the blush isn't properly adhered to the pan, there is very little product for the price and the packaging is much too big for what's in it. If you can grab one for around $5, it's not bad at all. But to pay full price for it? You might be better off looking somewhere else.


No comments:

Post a Comment