Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Apres L'Ondee

Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Apres L'Ondee

I tried hard to stop myself from grabbing another one of these but curiosity got the better of me and I took the plunge. This time, I ordered shade 100 Apres L'Ondee. I couldn't find a text description of it from any merchant but I surmised that it would be a lighter sister of the first color that I got.




I've mentioned that I'm not entirely sold on the Rouge Automatique mechanism because I often find myself confused about which way is up. Slide button down, liptick pushes up. I need to keep reminding myself, lest I break a tube from accidentally opening it while upside down. That said, not having to deal with a cap that could potentially get lost kind of makes it cool. I've never lost a lipstick cap (knock on wood) but I've dropped the entire contents of my purse and my makeup case. Despite the light, somewhat all-over plastic feel of this casing, the lipstick seems well-protected.


Left: Bal de Mai; Right: Apres L'Ondee

As for the color, I'm thrilled. It appears to be of similar stock as the previously reviewed Bal de Mai but swatched next to each other, you get the sense that Bal de Mai has a hint of orange in the base color (and heightened by shimmering gold flecks) while Apres L'Ondee pulls rosy. It's hard for me to describe the color. It's part beige, part mauve, a light rose, if you will. It's a rosier version of my lips when applied. It's not without shimmer but the shimmer is extremely subtle that it simply comes off as a light sheen over the color. I think I've actually found my favorite lipstick. (It's what I'm wearing in my Twitter photo.) To think that I almost didn't buy it!


Apres L'Ondee

I don't want to drone on and on about the formula. I've said it before. It's stellar. Decently opaque in a swipe. Lasts for hours without touch ups but remains moisturizing and comfortable all throughout. This isn't even marketed for its longevity. But it's up there. The color range is beautiful.


Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Apres L'Ondee

Apres L'Ondee appeals to the conservative in me. It doesn't present itself to be an exciting color but it's so easy to reach for because it goes with anything. Swipe and go. It's not cheap, I know. But if this tube ever runs out. I'm so buying another one.


No comments:

Post a Comment