Monday, August 22, 2011

Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Toff

I was at Ulta a few weeks ago, perusing the Butter display (they finally have one!). I looked at the colors from the Autumn/Winter 2011 Collection and picked out Toff as my favorite.

When I first put it on, I thought that the color was a mauvy eggplant shade. Butter's website describes it as a browner, dustier, brownish variation on a rose pink. As I wore it longer, I definitely saw the rose tones and the hint of brown became stronger. I've tried dark brown polish before, espresso, versions of mixed chocolate and wine, and I've gone taupe. Frankly, I wasn't too hot about any of those so I'm glad that I picked this one out because this color definitely works for me.




The lighting in these pictures is from afternoon sun so I think it brings out the warmth in this color. If you photograph this in fluorescent or with the typical white flash that blazes in front of most cameras, you may find that the color photographs differently. I was staring at my nails in a relatively dark room and they almost looked taupe with a hint of rose. The cream finish is something that I really like and this applies rather nicely. The liquid is a little thick but that helps get the color nicely opaque in two coats.




For fall and winter, I think I'll be wearing this color a fair bit. It could use a coat of shiny top coat every other day (darker colors like this seem to need a lot of shine when I wear them). But on my toes, I've had this on for over a week and there's not a chip or scratch. Definitely like!

No comments:

Post a Comment