Sunday, July 3, 2011

Top 5 - July 2011

Blogging has taken a bit of a backseat lately because of some major home reorganization we've been doing. But I haven't forgotten about the top 5!

1. Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow in Prelude - This totally, absolutely had to be at the top of my list. It's such an unassuming yet well-crafted set of colors that I find I can use anytime. And I mean anytime. Any season, any occasion, any time of day to do anything and to see anyone. It always works. This is the must-have quad for me. Total love.




2. Chanel Blush Duo Tweed Effect in Tweed Corail - This is starting to feel like another "ode to Chanel" top 5 but if you needed a summery coral blush to brighten up your face, this is it. While the tweed blushes are generally sheerer than other Chanel blushes I've used, this one dusts color really well. With hints of pink and the lightest touch of gold, you're going to just glow.




3. Sephora Platinum Blush Brush #49 - If you need a good blush brush to put on Tweed Corail, this baby will do the trick. I love it because it picks up only the pigment you need and gives you a lot of control over product placement. It's also super soft against the face. This is a really good quality brush from Sephora and is one of my favorites.




4. Shiseido The Makeup Powdery Foundation - I've tried to pare down my makeup routine on rush days and have turned to this powder foundation in lieu of liquid. I don't think I've met a powder foundation that feels this light on my skin and while it provides very light coverage as well, it never looks cakey. This turned out to be such a surprise hit for me. I still like to wear liquid foundation though and I've found that this is also good for touchups.




5. Zoya Color Lock System - I haven't gotten around to reviewing this because I got it only recently but it's been really wonderful to use. I love the polish remover and I've used the base and top coats for the last few manicures and pedicures I've done. So far, so good. And don't get me started on the Zoya nail polishes. I adore them!


No comments:

Post a Comment