Friday, July 8, 2011

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pink Pursuit

My foray into drugstore lipgloss met with reasonable success when I purchased the Revon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Nude Lustre. While that didn't quite end up the go-to gloss I had hoped it would become, in the vicinity of $5, I'm satisfied enough to want to try another color. Naturally, I picked a pink.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pink Pursuit

120 Pink Pursuit is a somewhat warm medium pink with flecks of silver running through it. It's a gloss so it won't apply opaquely but this does deliver the right dose of pink to the lip. The flecks of silver give it a higher glossiness and overall, as an everyday pink gloss, it does not disappoint.




Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pink Pursuit

This one doesn't have the artificial citrusy scent that I noted Nude Lustre to have. I think this doesn't really smell like anything at all so I'm happy. The texture is a little sticky but not too bad. Overall, it's smooth and just very easy to reach for. It will not create a strong lip but rather a sweet, almost baby pink with a high sheen. I wouldn't mind if my daughter wanted to nab this from my purse. It should be flattering across the ages and is a very safe pick for light to medium skin tones. It comes with a standard doe foot applicator and also looks good on top of lipstick. Not much else to say here. It's pink. It interacts nicely with my natural lip color and skintone. I'd wear this any day in any season. Very natural.




UPDATE 7/11/2011: I just found out that this is actually a pink ribbon product. That means 10% of all sales of this lipgloss in Pink Pursuit will be donated to the fight against breast cancer.


No comments:

Post a Comment