Monday, July 11, 2011

Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss in Sunset Peach

I've had enough success with Revlon products to say that I think it's the drugstore brand that suits me best. Their lip products, in particular, usually sit well with me. So armed with quite a number of expectations, I purchased a ColorBurst Lipgloss.


Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss in Sunset Peach

This is the new line of glosses that the brand launched sometime this year, I think. I have a couple of the Super Lustrous ones that I've reviewed so I was very curious about the differences between the two. Apart from the obvious, that is, packaging, it looks like the formula is also a bit different. Sunset Peach looks absolutely gorgeous in the tube but applies sheerly. I think that it's smoother in texture but much less pigmented than the Super Lustrous glosses I've tried.





The lack of pigmentation isn't necessarily a bad thing here. Some people like light glosses and it can still be worn on top of lipstick for some shine. However, for something with "ColorBurst" in the name, one would likely expect a heavier dose of color. This comes off as the softest peach and hinges on clear. I've used it alone a fair bit because I've been so lazy to put on a full face that I've been slathering on sunscreen and finishing with lipgloss. It's literally the only makeup I've been wearing these last couple of weeks. But I think that this will work nicely with the soft peach Chanel Rouge Allure in Desinvolte that I picked up a couple of days ago or any bright peach or orange lipstick that you want to tone down.


Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss in Sunset Peach

I did notice that the shape of the applicator is also different from the other Revlon glosses I've tried. This one actually reminds me of the Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss line and I have a couple of shots of the two applicators side by side to show you the similarities. They're not the same but they both have that flat head. It takes getting used to and isn't necessarily a better applicator than your standard doe foot but it works fine with this gloss.


Top: Chanel, Bottom: Revlon

Left: Revlon, Right: Chanel

Overall, I think this is just ok. It lasts about as long as your average gloss. It applies nicely, feels good on the lips and the color range is acceptable. I bought mine on sale and stacked coupons so I feel no loss even if this doesn't get too much use. But surprisingly, I've found this barely there peach easy to reach for. I don't know if I'll be using it past summer but it's a constant in my makeup bag right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment