Monday, July 25, 2011

Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss in Rosepearl


On a recent pharmacy trip, I picked up the Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss in Rosepearl. If you remember my review of Sunset Peach, I was not impressed with the pigmentation of the gloss but couldn't stop using it. I figured it was probably because of the color I picked and I may have been right.





Rosepearl looks like a frosted pinkish brown in the tube but when worn, translates into a pretty pearly shade that's a tad darker than my lips but blends in really well. I'm not so hot on using it without any makeup on because I feel like it emphasizes my dark circles as opposed to brightening up my face. But with a full face on, it's a beautiful neutral lip that evens out like a dream.




I'd say Rosepearl properly lives up to the ColorBurst name. The color is richly pigmented and applies so smoothly. From the packaging, down to the wear, it rivals department store brand glosses for a tiny fraction of the price. Strangely, this reminds me of the Burberry Rosewood lipstick, but maybe because it's a gloss formula and it's not most seriously opaque, it's nicer on. I predict I'll be reaching for this a lot when fall finally hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment