Thursday, July 28, 2011

Laura Mercier Lustre Eye Colour in Chocolate

Laura Mercier Lustre Eye Colour in Chocolate

Browsing the Laura Mercier counter at Nordstrom a couple of weeks ago, I came across the display for the Canyon Collection and decided to swatch a few shades of eyeshadow. I fell in love with Chocolate.




Now who doesn't like Chocolate? They couldn't have picked a better name for it. Chocolate brown with hints of plum and a beautiful shimmer finish. I was reminded of the Kohl Eye Pencil in Brown Copper. Although Chocolate does not have any copper in it, it got me dreaming of all the pretty brown and copper layers I put together.






Application is so smooth with Chocolate. It glides on to full color in a swipe. It adheres well and blends well. Honestly, I could find no fault. I had put it into my 6-pan palette with African Violet, Bamboo, Morning Dew, Lilac and Guava while I decided how to compose a few looks. My daughter started ranting away about something and distracted me which made me drop the palette 4 feet above the ground into a thankfully dry bathtub. As I watched 2 out of 6 pans break, my heart stopped. They had all popped out of the palette but Chocolate survived. My African Violet and Bamboo, however, are another story. I'll save that for tomorrow.





So anyway, I layered some Chocolate over smudged Brown Copper liner and proceeded to blend it into the crease and just over. I swiped African Violet over the browbone and did light touches of Lilac and Morning Dew under the brow. I love it. Chocolate is the brown I've been waiting for. This is going to stay in my 6-pan palette forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment