Thursday, July 14, 2011

Essie Smooth Sailing Nailpolish

I had to try at least one color from Essie's Summer Collection Color Me Braziliant. Looking at pics, I was going to go for a pink but when I got to the store, I was possessed to pick up this dark periwinkle with silver microglitter called Smooth Sailing.

Essie Smooth Sailing

I seem to have a different experience to most people when it comes to Essie nailpolish. I've been buying them for years thinking I've found a good brand but the quality is really hit or miss. I look for easy application, opaque in two coats (or if sheer, at least I need to know in advance that it will be sheer and only works for colors meant for a French Manicure) and I want the polish to be chip-free for at least 5 days on hands. A lot of the shades I've bought just don't measure up.




Smooth Sailing applies on the nice side for a glittery polish but it's far from smooth. I sense a grit from the microglitter and the glitter does leave a tell-tale trail which takes a little more remover to get off than I'm used to. I'm not one to wear glitter really. I prefer a cream finish but I wanted to give it a try. I've done two coats, very carefully applied on really short rounded nails (trying something new here). I concentrated that first coat on the center of the nail and when dry, filled in the sides properly on the second coat. It required dipping into the bottle a lot more than two times, mind you. Maybe at least 4 times for each nail. That said, this feels like a unique color to me. The color settles vibrantly and the glitter is more apparent than I'd normally wear. I'm neutral on the subject of whether I like it or not. I don't love it but I don't hate it. I know I'm not going to get much use out of it but it's fun for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment