Wednesday, July 13, 2011

DiorSkin Forever Wear-Extending Invisible Retouch Powder


I deliberated long and hard before I went out and bought Dior's Wear-Extending Invisible Retouch Powder. I'd seen it online, not in person but I was intrigued by the concept that it was marketed for. At the end of the day, I figured, this is just another pressed powder, right?


So I finally ordered it and it sat on my desk unopened for ages until one day I decided that my tinted moisturizer was starting to look a tad too dark for my summer face that I needed to dust a lighter powder on it to set it. I shouldn't have been surprised that the DiorSkin Forever Wear-Extending Invisible Retouch Powder would do a stellar job.


DiorSkin Forever Wear-Extending Invisible Retouch Powder

For that initial use, it was a setting powder. But I loved the lightness of it. The texture is really fine and it offered that hint of mattification that I wanted to set the tinted moisturizer. I say hint of mattification because it dulls down excess shine but it doesn't cover up your makeup or give you that caked-over appearance. It didn't change the color of my tinted moisturizer either. But the veil of light powder did the trick. I thought that I would need to touch up further during the day so I took it along with me but I never did. That made me feel like, wow, it does work, in that my tinted moisturizer stayed put all day without needing a touch up.



I know, it's supposed to be a "retouch powder" and I always carry such a compact in my purse. But the point is that it claims to prolong the wear of foundation so there's no reason you can't use it as a setting powder. I've used Dior's Loose Powder for years (I like it but I generally use Laura Mercier's now) and while I feel like the two are cut from the same cloth, I far prefer this Wear-Extending Invisible Retouch Powder because it's less mattifying than Dior's Loose Powder, and in pressed form, is simply easier to carry around and work with. It's not drying either.




I got mine in 001 Transparent Light and I'm glad I did as it gives me the "light" day option and I use my Shiseido The Makeup Powdery Foundation SPF15 in O20 Natural Light Ochre for "dark" days. The powder compact comes with a velvety puff which I've never used, only because I prefer using a brush. I do wish it came with a brush but most don't so that's fine.


DiorSkin Forever Wear-Extending Invisible Retouch Powder with puff

I want to note that this does not offer coverage and it's not supposed to. Used as a setting powder and for touch ups during the day, this gives the lightest veil to get rid of unwanted shine but doesn't disturb your existing makeup. It's not invisible, as the name would suggest, but it's translucent. It's offered in 3 shades, which probably doesn't work for everyone but light to medium skin tones will readily find a match. I personally had to toss the dice between shade 001 and 002 but as I had just bought a slightly darker powder, I thought I could use the lighter one. It's a good match for me.


Click picture to view larger (ingredients list, directions)


No comments:

Post a Comment