Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Clinique Water-Resistant Eyeliner in Natural Black

Out of curiosity, I ordered the Clinique Water Resistant Eyeliner in Natural Black. This is a cake eyeliner product which I've used with water.


Clinique Water-Resistant Eyeliner in Natural Black

The first thing I noticed about it was the big container that housed a smallish rectangular pan. It's a shiny slide out case with a mini brush. The accompanying brush is not very good but as I'd use my own brushes anyway for most makeup, this is not a big deal.


Clinique Water-Resistant Eyeliner in Natural Black

When I used it with water, the color produced was really light. I suppose when they say Natural Black, what they mean is that it's not going to give you a bright bold black line. It feels like grey instead of black. If you use cake eyeliner to line above your lashline, then this will give a very natural look indeed. For me, I like to tightline and I need that line to be bold and black. When using this, I find myself going over the area numerous times and still not getting the desired blackness.


Swatches, both sides with multiple passes

The product seems to be a stayput kind of liner and I did not have problems with it running or fading. But the color is really weak to begin with so this only works if you're after a very natural, grey black kind of line. I wonder if some kind of activator might work to make it a bit darker but I generally don't use activators so I haven't tried it. As it is, used with water, this might work for some people but it's not for me.


1 comment:

  1. I have been using this for over 35 years and swear by it.......the best eyeliner ever !

    ReplyDelete