Saturday, July 16, 2011

Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Color in Desinvolte

For this year's Anniversary Sale, Nordstrom is offering a Chanel collection that has not previously been released in the US. The Le Blanc Collection includes two Rouge Allure lipsticks and I went for the soft peach Desinvolte.


Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Color in Desinvolte

On the day that I went to visit the store, they had actually already run out of the other Rouge Allure lipstick, the pink one called Joyeuse. But I told the associate that I preferred a peach and I was on a budget so after trying Desinvolte, I decided to grab that one and another Nordstrom Anniversary exclusive item, the Cleansing Water. (I'll try to post some pictures of the cleansing water later.)


Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Color in Desinvolte

While seemingly similar to the Rouge Coco in Chintz and Peregrina, take into consideration that this is a different lipstick line. The Rouge Allure lipsticks are typically a little more sheer and have a glossy finish compared to the Rouge Cocos. Desinvolte, I find has a beigeness to it while Chintz is warmed pink. I don't have Peregrina but I believe it has a bit of a gold shimmer which makes it even more different.




I'm happy to add Desinvolte to my summer lipstick roster. It works well with heavier eye makeup and also looks good on a bare face. I've been wearing it with an old Chanel Le Crayon Gloss Sheer Lip Coloring Pencil called Clementine (old and probably discontinued). Clementine is a touch more brown but it applies sheerly so it just blends in with the lip when I use them together.


Swatches from left: Clementine, Desinvolte

I tried to top it with my Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss in Sunset Peach, only to realize how much more peach the gloss is. So don't be afraid if on your monitor/phone Desinvolte looks to be a rather orangey peach. It's not. It may look bright but it's very toned down when applied and the color is even more diluted when you put gloss on top, even if it's just clear gloss.


No comments:

Post a Comment