Sunday, July 10, 2011

Almay Intense I-Color Powder Shadow in Trio for Blues 002

Almay Intense I-Color Powder Shadow in Trio for Blues 002

Just thought I'd quickly show you the Almay Intense I-Color Powder Shadow in Trio for Blues 002 that I've had swatched for quite some time.




I previously reviewed the Trio for Browns 001 and the Trio for Greens 024 so these should be pretty much the same in quality and application but the colors are designed to enhance blue eyes. My eyes are brown but I find that I can use any trio and I urge you to read my reviews for the other two to get to know these powders a little better (they are clickable links).


Sunny Swatch of Almay Trio for Blues 002

If you look at the back of the packaging, the trios are designed to be applied in exactly the same way. This one says:

1. apply brown (bottom shade) all over the lid
2. blend deep blue (center shade) into crease
3. sweep light blue (top shade) onto brow bone

I've said previously that noone needs to be confined to these "rules" but if you're picking this up for the first time, it's a good guideline. For this trio, I find that the bottom shade is actually a bit darker than usual but the shadows do not apply as intensely dark as the name might suggest. They are highly blendable so I wouldn't be afraid to use the colors liberally, even on the lightest skin. Lastly, keep in mind that a good primer will help make the colors more vibrant and crease-free for an entire day's use.

No comments:

Post a Comment