Sunday, June 5, 2011

Top 5 - June 2011

I've been a little bored lately. Not that I haven't been busy because it's been very hectic around here in the last two weeks. I've had guests coming in and out that I barely have time to get the house ready and catch up on my laundry, not to mention my blog! But as far as makeup goes, I haven't found as many interesting things or worthwhile bargains to write about. It's good in that it challenges me to find features to focus on and it means my spending is on hold. But I am so ready for July. Bring on the fall collections! Well, we're not there yet. But these are some of the things that have captured my attention lately:

1. Orange - There's a page on the June issue of In Style magazine that got me to rethink orange for my wardrobe. So I went out and bought a couple of orange tanks, one striped and one solid, to layer together. I'm really liking the polka-dotted scarf but I already have a couple of orange scarves (one striped and one solid, do you see a pattern here?). Orange nails next? Well let's just say I'd like to keep the orange on just one spot at a time.




2. NARS Orgasm Nailpolish as a base for OPI Coney Island Cotton Candy - I do find orange nail color to be challenging. I'd do a peach shade in a heartbeat but inasmuch as I love how Chanel Orange Fizz applies, I just can't bring myself to get it. Enter NARS Orgasm. Not quite orange but sheer, shimmery, pink-peach-gold all in one. I've been experimenting with this shade as a base layer for various colors and right now, I'm rocking it with 2 layers of the sheer OPI Coney Island Cotton Candy. I'll show you a few more combinations within the week but this is the one I like best.




3. Zoya Natural Nail Polish - I've been thrilled with this brand lately. This summer, I will not wear any other brand on my toes. I loved my initial experience with Zoya so much that I've since gotten 3 more colors and the Zoya Color Lock System which I'm testing right now. I had been wearing Renee which I showed you here. I've gotten hold of colors from the Intimate Collection too. I can't decide which one to wear first.




4. MAC 239 Eye Shading Brush - I don't know why it took me so long to get one of these. I finally grabbed one last year and it's been indispensable. This is my favorite eyeshadow brush now. It keeps crossing my mind to grab another one but I really do have a ton of brushes so I'll wait until I wear this one out.




5. Chanel Mystic Eyes Quad and Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadow in Sand - I've pulled out this combo a good number of times these last few days. Sand adds a certain dimension to the main lid color and everything remains locked in place even through humidity. Primer optional.


No comments:

Post a Comment