Friday, June 3, 2011

Shiseido The Makeup Powdery Foundation SPF 15

In warm weather, I prefer the lightest liquid foundation that I can find. Most days, tinted moisturizer is really all I'm game for. So for my powder, I want more than what my regular translucent setting powder can give. A lightweight foundation powder with buildable coverage that won't cake up with reapplication is in order.


Shiseido The Makeup Powdery Foundation

The touch up powder that I regularly carry with me is Shiseido's Luminizing Color Powder in the translucent shade. I like this powder because it is colorless when on, so it doesn't disturb the rest of my makeup. Also because it fits in the case for the Multi-Shade Enhancer which comes with a really good brush applicator. I generally don't use powder puffs so finding this was a big deal for me. I think that the Luminizing Color Powder line is being discontinued so instead of grabbing more refills, I sought a different (and hopefully not soon to be discontinued) product that would fit in the case.


Back of refill, notice layer of adhesive on pan

This is how I ended up with Shiseido The Makeup Powdery Foundation which I mentioned in my top 5 a couple of weeks ago. This is a colored foundation powder that can be used wet or dry. There are several shades to choose from and I tested two of them (I-40 Natural Fair Ivory and O-20 Natural Light Ochre) before settling on the more yellow-toned O-20. I'm happy with the selection because while the undertone is yellow, it's not too yellow, like some powders I've used before. Applied with a brush, I get to build coverage slowly and yet it never cakes up no matter how much I add on. One thing to note is that if your face gets oily during the day, you may want to blot off excess oil before applying powder foundation to touch up. Otherwise, you'll get uneven patches. If blotting paper is not your thing and you can't be bothered to bring translucent powder too, I've found that blotting with a tissue paper works fine. You can then safely powder over with foundation evenly.

The powder is not powdery as the name might suggest. It provides a matte finish and offers some SPF protection. It is lightly scented. The oil-absorbing properties on it are pretty good because I find that I don't need to touch up more than once when I use this. And while it says it's for normal to oily skin types, I did not find the powder to be drying on my combination skin.


Shiseido The Makeup Powdery Foundation Refill SPF15 ($29.50)

If you order this, you will be getting a refill pan and a puff. It's a pretty good puff that can be used for dry and wet application. The case is sold separately for $8 and it should have room for the puff. I'm not certain if it's sold with one though. But as I mentioned in the beginning, this is a fairly standard round pan that will also fit into the case for the Multi-Shade Enhancer that comes with a brush. My guess is, it will also fit into a whole slew of other cases not made by Shiseido.

Personally, I'm thrilled to have discovered this powder. Even if I'm not one to touch up often, I'm happy to have a reliable foundation powder in my purse. Also knowing that I saved about $20 because I didn't give in to purchasing a Chanel compact makes me all giddy. I think that this does the job just as well although the coverage is slightly lighter than the Chanel Double Perfection powder. Truthfully though, I'm just waiting for them to roll out the Vitalumiere powders in the US and I'll probably give in anyway. It's a good thing Shiseido is in good supply because I have no clue when that is going to happen.

2 comments:

  1. I using this foundation too,but I can;t found any more.
    Any ideal can i get this product.Please let me know. Contact me: gracesimmonds@gmail.com. Much appreciated.
    I like hear from you soon.
    Regards
    Grace Simmonds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace! This post is from 2011. However, this product still seems widely available so I'm surprised that you cannot find it. Shiseido's website carries it, as well as Nordstrom's. Shiseido counters are harder to come by but it is available online.

      Delete