Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Philosophy Amazing Grace - Perfumed Shampoo, Bath and Shower Gel

I find summer to be a great time to be testing new soaps and shower gels. I had a couple of these promotional 4 oz. tubes of Philosophy Amazing Grace waiting to be used up so they landed on my shower caddy a few weeks ago.




I really like the smell of this shower gel. It's mild but smells really clean. It's feminine though I don't think it lingers as long as I wish it did. If you really wanted a lingering scent, you could try layering with lotion and/or the spray.

The texture is nothing to write home about. It's a mostly silky pink liquid that lathers up enough to use easily with your favorite bath pouf. I was a little suspicious about it's true cleansing properties though (or it was possibly too harsh), as I developed a few pimples in select areas where I normally don't ever break out. I got one on the shoulder, one on the upper back near the base of the neck and another on the torso. Now I'm not one to breakout on the body. Ever. And I know it's not the bath pouf because I have the best habits when it comes to those things. I replace them sooner than most people I imagine. I even used a brand new pouf with this one. So either it was a coincidence or it was my body responding poorly to the new shower gel. I eventually finished the first tube without further incident after I began to alternate the shower gel with a bar of Le Petit Olivier Extra Mild Rose. (I remember you, my dear Patricia).

The second tube suffered from mild separation which tells me that this does not have a very long shelf life. I am still debating whether or not I can still use it. It still smells ok though. And while they recommend this as a shampoo, bath and shower gel, I will not use it as anything but a shower gel. I have a particularly sensitive scalp that only likes a few select shampoos so I know this will not work for me.

I'm aware of how popular Philosophy's Amazing Grace line is but although I like the scent, I'm not in love with it. I don't even think that I like it enough to buy myself a full-sized tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment