Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Longchamp Sale Starts Today!

The Longchamp sale officially started today June 21st. In the state I live in, there is not a single Longchamp boutique. While it seems simple enough to drive to Jersey, I'd really much rather sit in my quiet kitchen with a Starbucks frappuccino and browse online. Few selections catch my eye. Oftentimes, I feel so peeved that these bags cost so much in the US when I know for a fact how much less they are sold for in Paris. Even on sale, the price doesn't seem fair. How does one get the best price for these things?

I'm not one to buy from eBay or some lady hawking bags at my doorstep. I would only buy direct from the manufacturer or an authorized retailer. I just need to be sure I'm getting original merchandise. I've ordered from the Longchamp website before. I've had at least one extended bad experience with them. I will not go into detail simply because it's too long a story. In the end, one order was cancelled because they could no longer locate the item in their stocks. I've ordered by phone from a boutique as well. No problems there. But all of these times I was unhappy not to have gotten an offer for free shipping. Why must I pay for shipping when I can get the same merchandise from a merchant who will give me free shipping?

Nordstrom will match the price of any available merchandise. Their guarantee is that you should be able to get the best price for anything that they sell. If the manufacturer does a sale, they will honor the sale price. All you have to do is get them to verify it. I don't know the complete terms of this guarantee but I've never been disappointed. Just try to get the price match at the point of sale. It will be easier for everybody. Those folks on live chat are always friendly. They can do it for you!

But consider the math carefully. If you live in a state where you will not be charged tax for ordering online, depending on the price of the merchandise you are ordering, it may actually end up cheaper to shell out for UPS than to pay tax. On the other hand, remember that sale items sold by Longchamp.com are final sale. True, they have more variety than your average department store but if you're not absolutely sure about the item you're buying, you will not be able to return it. Buying online always poses risks. Are you willing to take it? At the end of the day, I'm a sucker for a sale. I think it's time for a new handbag...

2 comments:

  1. Which Longchamp bag do you want? Those tela ones seem to be the best for everyday use but everyone seems to have them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping to find a certain green shade in the Pliage ones because it will match the Bric's travel bag that I bought last year but the green one they have on sale is ugly. The Lagoon blue one I might consider. Like for jeans. But I'm also looking at the cotton fabric ones (shiny, with equestrian print). There's a white one that's a tote and a handbag. I might try a tote this time around.

    Not na the leather ones kasi OA naman yung presyo and they deteriorate if you don't use them often/clean/maintain them. At least yung fabric, fold and store. Collect all colors! :p

    ReplyDelete