Sunday, June 26, 2011

Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Plum Radiance

I got this blush as part of a GWP sometime ago and I wanted to feature it because I saw that it's going to be part of the "Classic Chic Color Collection" that the brand is putting out for the upcoming Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I got a quick peek at the catalog and I've already prepared my wish list :)


Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Plum Radiance

I have quite a number of Laura Mercier blushes but most of them are part of palettes that I've collected over the last few years. I have three in single pans, a duo called Whisper Pink, the previously reviewed Rose Petal and Plum Radiance, which rounds out my three pan palette.


Left: Rose Petal, Right: Plum Radiance

I'm more likely to reach for Rose Petal because it's closer to my natural flush. But Plum Radiance works for those occasions when I'm going for a more sophisticated or even sultry look. With hints of plum and brown, it may also work better for darker skin tones than Rose Petal.


Plum Radiance

The Laura Mercier blushes I have all hold true to the claim of being second skin color for the cheeks. They apply really smoothly and build to a natural flush. I'm sure technique always plays a part in how blush looks, along with a good brush. But I think it would be hard to go wrong with the brand's cheek colors.


Swatches in Natural Light (left Plum Radiance, right Rose Petal)
Swatches under Sunlight (left Plum Radiance, right Rose Petal)

Plum Radiance swatches brown almost everytime I photograph it. It calls to mind the Rock & Republic blush in Seduce, not so much because they look the same but because if you look at it, it's a kind of plum color but it often photographs brown. I imagine it could be used for subtle contouring on fairer skins although bear in mind that it has a slight mauviness which still puts it squarely in the blush category.


Laura Mercier Plum Radiance

When I reconfirm what shades are going to be in the palette (they are neutrals) for the Laura Mercier Classic Chic Color Collection, I'll try my best to swatch them for you and refer back to this post for the blush. Apart from the 4-color eyeshadow palette and the blush, the collection also includes a tube of Foundation Primer, mascara, Raspberry Lip Glace and two brushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment