Thursday, June 23, 2011

Essence Single Eyeshadows Wild At Heart and Blockbuster



Here are a couple more Essence eyeshadows that I've been able to try out. These are singles and I picked up one matte and one metallic shade.



If you're looking for an inexpensive highlighter in a matte cream color, Blockbuster does the job. Of all the Essence eyeshadows I've bought, single or duo, this is the one I've found the most use for. It's your basic beige. Sheer. No shimmer. No brainer.





Because I wanted to try something a little more exciting than basic beige, and possibly something I could use as a liner, I also picked up Wild At Heart which is a metallic navy blue.




I find dark blue liner to be quite flattering on brown eyes. It pops and yet doesn't call excessive attention to itself. This was a little disappointing pigment-wise but still useable. It swatches faintly with one swipe, improves with multiple coats and materializes when wet.


Essence Wild At Heart swatches from left: one swipe, three swipes, applied wet with liner brush

The only way to achieve a real dark blue with this is to use wet or to layer with another eyeliner or a cream base. That said, they're $1.99. At that price point, I'm not complaining too much. They're quite pretty in the pan though, no?




No comments:

Post a Comment