Saturday, June 18, 2011

Essence Eyeshadow Duos Ever Glam, Mix It and Join The Club

Back in March, I reviewed the Essence Perfect Match Eyeshadow Duo and I mentioned that I picked up 3 more of these duos which I will be swatching from time to time. Of course, they sat there amongst a hundred other eyeshadows and I had forgotten all about them! It wasn't until I started depotting eyeshadows to put into customizable palettes that I remembered I had these.


Essence Eyeshadow Duo in Ever Glam



The Ever Glam duo is a straight up shimmery brown and beige combo. Not much to say here about the colors. They're not designed to be imaginative, just practical. These retail for $1.99 so even if you just want this combo to sit in the car for days on end in case you had a makeup emergency, they're worth a look. I find that unless used with a nice sticky eye base like NARS Smudge Proof, the colors show up poorly and don't last a full day. There'll be a little fallout to deal with, and a slight powderiness but at this price point, I think that it's acceptable.


Essence Eyeshadow Duo in Ever Glam (swatched with primer)

If you're feeling a little adventurous, you could try to pick up one of the more colorful duos like Join The Club (yellow and orange) or Mix It (lavender and violet). I personally find the most use for Mix It because I love doing purple variances. These eyeshadows are made in Poland and are available at your local Ulta store.


Essence Eyeshadow Duo in Join The Club
Essence Join The Club (without primer)
Essence Eyeshadow Duo in Mix It
Essence Mix It (swatched without primer, bright sunlight)

Essence Mix It (with primer, natural light)

No comments:

Post a Comment