Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Evasion

I wanted to share a few pictures of the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Evasion. I have swatches of this shade in another post but I think that the next few pictures will be quite interesting.


Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Evasion

You see Evasion is a little different. In my eyes, I always see more peach tones when I look at it in natural light. I was expecting an almost baby peach when I put it on. But when on, it is decidedly pink. Sheer but pink. The Chanel card that describes the color, pegs it as a sheer rose.


Swatches in natural light from left: Biarritz, Evasion
Evasion with flash

The Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks are ultra-sheer and shiny. Truthfully, I think the darker shades are better because you see more color. Evasion, being the dainty sheer pink that it is, didn't quite live up to my expectations because I wanted something peachier so I mostly end up using it combined with another color (see Biarritz here) to get that effect. Granted these sheer lipsticks interact heavily with your natural lip color, I guess my lips have a lot of pink in them that this pulls pink instead of peach. Either way, it's a very pretty pink.


Evasion on lips, flash photo

I'm not one to complain about frequent reapplication so that's not an issue with me. If anything, I steer clear of long-wearing lipsticks. I just like having a fresh coat on. But you must know that these lipsticks do not last long on. And if you reapply frequently, they don't last long. Period.



The case is lovely. It's a good size too. Smaller than your average Rouge Coco. I love sheer lips for summer but I suspect that when fall rolls in, I'll be going back to the Rouge Coco lipsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment