Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Bel Ami

I talked about Bel Ami in a top 5 feature last April (see post here). I had purchased a few of the new Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks and it was an easy favorite. Described as a plum brown, the color is more pigmented than the other shades I have and it looks very natural and pretty on.


Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Bel Ami

Bel Ami looks dark in the tube but the sheerness of application balances that depth of color and it turns into this neutral everyday shade. I had tried out all 15 colors of the new line and I went for the light colors first. Later, I thought I should get a plum just so I could have a whole spectrum of colors to choose from in the mornings. But as it turns out, this one is my favorite. At this point, this is the only one I may actually repurchase if it ran out.


Bel Ami (center shade)

I swatched the shades I could get my hands on in here and as per the description card, I tried to swatch at least one from every color family. It finally boiled down to Bel Ami, Unique and Bonheur. They're all variations of plum but Bel Ami is the least bright of the three and the brown tones make it appear most natural. On the lips, doesn't it look so much lighter than it appears in the tube?


Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Bel Ami (natural light)

I don't foresee picking up any more new colors so this is probably going to be my last Rouge Coco Shine feature in awhile. But there will always be something new to look forward to. Chanel Fall will be out next month and I've already got my eye on a few things. Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment