Monday, June 6, 2011

Almay Intense I-Color Powder Shadow in Trio for Greens 024

I was looking to try a different color palette one afternoon and found this trio in a pile with some other Almay eyeshadows. I had picked up all the trios I found on sale early this year. Even if I don't have green eyes, I thought I might be able to make it work.

Almay Intense I-Color Powder Shadow in Trio For Greens 024

Guess what? I did. I've found that with a nicely bronzed face (I've been testing a bronze-tinted primer) and a dash of Rock & Republic Contrived Pressed Blush in Lust, the colors in this trio can be flattering. You get a shimmery champagne shade, a dark, reddish brown and a lighter, pinkish brown with heavy shimmer that reminds me of a couple of shades from the Urban Decay Naked Palette. If you ask me, that bottom shade is a cross between Sin and Toasted.


Almay Trio For Greens 024

My reservations lay in the reddish brown as I've found that red tones usually look a bit off on me. But this trio worked well together when layered. It applies a little sheerly without any primer but I think that helped keep the look natural. It also didn't crease on me even when I'd worn it on a really hot day.


Almay Trio For Greens 024 Swatches

It has to be noted that there are several trios for green eyes. This is Trio For Greens 024. I previously reviewed the Trio For Browns 001 from this line in here. Despite having brown eyes, I think I actually like the Trio for Greens better. The texture of the shadows are creamy and they seem to show up a little better. They have more depth and respond well to layering. The manufacturer recommends using the bottom shade all over the lid, the middle shade on the crease, and the top shade as a highlight but I don't think that we need to be confined by these "rules" at all. If you're looking for light and shimmery in the red/pink/brown family, this might be something to consider.


No comments:

Post a Comment