Sunday, May 22, 2011

Top 5

This week's top 5 features some previously reviewed items which I find myself reaching for a lot these days and a couple of new essentials that I've picked up along the way.

1. Chanel Long Lasting Eyeliner in Rose Platine - I cannot get enough of this sparkly platinum shade! I use a black cake eyeliner and then this on top. Then I line the bottom lashes with it, pop on mascara and the look is done. I think that this is limited edition. I may grab a back up.



2. Laura Mercier Riviera Eye Quad - this is my alternate look and one I especially like for night. The colors in the quad work together really nicely and I like how the pigmentation is neither too strong, nor too sheer. And as I've mentioned in my review, it's such a good value.



3. Clinique Soft Pressed Powder Blusher in Mocha Pink - my recent rediscovery. I like the subtle and natural color this adds to my cheeks. I just dip the brush into the pan and pat, pat, pat before sweeping. Effortless.



4. Chanel Powder Brush - Funny how I didn't really like this brush when I first got it. I thought that the hairs weren't soft enough. Yet now, I can't live without it. It really is a lovely all-around powder brush. It works on translucent powder, foundation powder, bronzer and blush.



5. Shiseido The Makeup Powdery Foundation - my latest discovery. Worn over tinted moisturizer, I get the coverage I want to look absolutely flawless. I wore it on an 80 degree day and didn't need a single touch up. Review out soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment