Monday, May 2, 2011

Rimmel Lasting Finish Blendable Powder Blush & Highlighter in Spring Flower

I wanted to call this post my Rimmel Rediscovery. I had been doing some spring cleaning, which involves going through my makeup and creating a "toss" bin. So in that bin of neglected makeup, I found this Rimmel blush called Spring Flower.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Blendable Powder Blush & Highlighter in Spring Flower

I've always thought well of Rimmel. It's affordable makeup. This blush is pleasantly pigmented and lasts all day. It's too much effort to use each shade individually so I've never tried it but I like the way it looks on when I lightly swirl a fluffy brush through all three. The leftmost shade is a medium pink. The center shade is a kind of shimmery brown and the rightmost shade is a plummy pink. All together, it makes a somewhat brownish plummy pink with a bit of shimmer. If not for the shimmer, I thought it looked like NARS Douceur. But this really is very pigmented, while Douceur is not, and it lacks the buildable smoothness of NARS blushes.


Left: NARS Douceur, 3 shades on the Right: Spring Flower

I apply blush sparingly, in general, and that's the technique I'd suggest with this one. The lightest touch gives you a hint of color that should work with pretty much any eye makeup.

Spring Flower

I don't know if this is something that they're going to repackage like the brand seems to do often. But it's a line of blushers worth perusing. Most of them are just a single shade but there is another blendable trio called Autumn Catwalk, which looks to be a pink peach trio.


No comments:

Post a Comment