Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rimmel Glam'Eyes Trio Eye Shadow in 621 Orion

I have a few other Rimmel items that I haven't gotten around to reviewing. First, an eyeshadow trio of neutrals. I've noticed that Rimmel has repackaged all their eyeshadows. They are now all branded with the Glam'Eyes monicker. This trio, in Orion, features a white, brown and a shimmery pinkish brown shade.

Rimmel Glam'Eyes Trio Eyeshadow in Orion

I like the concept of this trio but I am disappointed that these are now made in China as I have a couple of older trios from before they were repackaged into the Glam'Eyes trios and they were all made in England. What you see here is the new Glam'Eyes packaging.





Used with primer, this is a decent everyday neutral. Not the most pigmented or smooth and ever so slightly powdery but acceptable. There are instructions in the back that suggest a couple of methods to use this trio. I just went about it the way I normally use a trio of similar shades. The darker brown which has the most pigment went on the lid, just up to the crease. The white went on the inner corner and just under the brow to highlight. The mid-shade I applied with a ponytail brush from the outer corner, sweeping gently into and above the crease in a windshield wiper motion. I actually appreciate that it's not so highly pigmented because it would be so easy to overdo in that area. As it is, I like the light shimmer and think it makes for a simple everyday look.




This Rimmel Glam'Eyes Trio Eye Shadow is designed to complement blue eyes. But I think that anyone who likes using a palette of neutrals should be able to carry off these shades and find it flattering. For an eyeshadow trio under $5, it's workable. It's all in how you use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment