Monday, May 30, 2011

Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Rose Petal

Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Rose Petal

Laura Mercier makes some nicely-pigmented, long-lasting blush in a variety of natural-looking shades but my favorite is Rose Petal.


Rose Petal

Rose Petal is a pale pink shade with a matte finish. It makes for a lovely flush of pink on my fair skin. It's not the most creative of shades but a basic you could lean on in any season.




Laura Mercier blushes apply smoothly and evenly. I find that I never need to retouch during the day when I wear Rose Petal. The color stays true from the moment I put it on in the morning until I get home at night. It also fits in the customizable palette, which makes it an easy pick for travel.


Left: Laura Mercier Rose Petal, Right: Burberry Peony

I realized later on that Rose Petal looks eerily similar to a Burberry blush I ordered while on vacation. I have Rose Petal next to Burberry Peony in the picture above. Below, I have the swatches. If I didn't make one swatch slightly heavier than the other, I don't think I would have been able to tell them apart either.


Left: Burberry Peony, Right: Laura Mercier Rose Petal

Rose Petal is a buildable pink. I swiped Burberry Peony once because Burberry blushes have heavy pigmentation. Then I tried to build Rose Petal on the other side. I ended up making it heavier and that's the only reason they look slightly different. When worn, I honestly cannot tell them apart. So if you're looking for a dash of light pink and balk at the Burberry price tag, try Laura Mercier Rose Petal. You won't be disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment