Monday, May 9, 2011

Laura Mercier Riviera Eye Quad

I picked out one item that I liked from the Portofino Summer Collection of Laura Mercier and that item is the Riviera Eye Quad


Laura Mercier Riviera Eye Quad

The quad features the colors Deep Water Blue, Sandy Beige, Soft Sky Blue and Crisp White. These are exclusive to this quad and not regular colors from the line. It's all housed in a standard large brown Laura Mercier compact, the same size as the bronzers and other pressed powders. There's a decent size mirror in it and it's easy to open and close with the push of a button.




As a quad, I think it's a nice cohesive set. Sandy Beige can be used all over the lid, with Soft Sky Blue as the lower lid color. Crisp White works nicely as a highlight under the brow and on the inner corners and Deep Water Blue works as an eyeliner or as a depth color which can be used on the crease and the outer corners.


Shades from left: Deep Water Blue, Sandy Beige, Soft Sky Blue and Crisp White

I've been using this set everyday since I got it and the quality is up to par with the best standards that the brand has to offer. It's silky smooth and nicely pigmented but also easy to blend out. I generally use a primer on my eyes so I do not have a problem with creasing or fading. Overall, I'd say that this is a very nice palette and I'm glad to have it in my collection.




If I had any complaint at all, I'd say that the stripes of color could have been just a smidge wider and that would have made it easier to get a brush in there and make sure that you're only getting one color. I have a decent collection of brushes and I've been able to find ones that work nicely with this quad but I still have to exercise care when picking up pigment so that if I want only Sandy Beige, I won't get any Soft Sky Blue on my brush at the same time. It's a minor thing though. The palette is pretty to look at, with the soft wave design in the pressing.

I forgot to photograph the swatches though. I apologize for that. What I can do is get that done later and post them tomorrow, along with swatches of some eyeliner that you can use to complement these colors. They do suggest certain Laura Mercier eyeliners to use with it but I can show you other options tomorrow. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment