Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Laura Mercier Riviera Eye Quad Swatches and some blue eyeliners

If you read my review of the Riviera Eye Quad posted yesterday, I didn't include any swatches so I'm going to have them here in this post. Here is a close up of the quad again.


Laura Mercier Riviera Eye Quad

Here are the swatches of all four colors, done on bare skin (no primer) with a sponge-tip applicator. The quad does not come with any applicators but the compact does have a mirror.


From left: Deep Water Blue, Sandy Beige, Soft Sky Blue, Crisp White

The Deep Water Blue shade can used as eyeliner, wet or dry. But Laura Mercier does make a blue eye pencil called Midnight Bleu, which they have featured with this collection. I was not inclined to pick up the Midnight Bleu pencil but I do have the Bleu Marine Cake Eyeliner which they also recommend to use with this quad. For the bottom lashline, I prefer to smudge a pencil liner and have taken to using Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Binge. It has a slight indigo leaning but you can smudge it and top with Deep Water Blue and/or Soft Sky Blue and it coordinates rather well.


Urban Decay Pencil in Binge, Tarte Eye Pencil in Lapis, Laura Mercier Cake Eyeliner


I have another blue eyeliner in my stash that I think may work with this palette but I haven't tried it. It's the Tarte EmphasEyes High Definition Eye Pencil in Lapis. I got this one from Sephora for $7 last year although I don't see it for sale now. I swatched it for anyone who may be interested in seeing the color.


From left: LM Bleu Marine Cake Eyeliner, Tarte Pencil Lapis, UD Pencil in Binge

I like this palette a lot and I think that they hit the mark with the combination of colors. I've been using it constantly since I got it and I know that I will be using it more throughout the year. The quad is the centerpiece of the Portofino Collection for summer but I'd wear these colors anytime I feel like blue for the eyes. You get 4 colors for $40, with a total weight of .28 oz. With this much product, it's a far better deal than paying $22 apiece for single eyeshadows of .09 oz each. If you do the math, you're paying $10 for .07 oz. of each color with the quad. I'd say that's an outstanding value.

2 comments:

  1. The palette looks super pretty in the pan. I'm glad to see the pigmentation isn't too bad or sheer either. Thanks for the swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I'm pretty happy with it and with Laura Mercier being hit or miss these days, I'm glad that this one didn't end up being a miss.

    ReplyDelete