Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chanel Long Lasting Eyeliner in Rose Platine

I presented my favorite eyeliners last Sunday and I mentioned Chanel's Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner. I like this line of pencils because they truly are long lasting. But Chanel also makes very interesting colors, like their latest, Rose Platine. It's easy to overlook its release with the summer collection but I have to say, this is a real gem.



Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner in Rose Platine

I was wary when I heard the name but the Chanel associate promised me that it was not pink. So when I finally saw it, true, it was not at all pink. I suppose it does have a slight rose tone. It is a platinum, that in some light almost looks taupe. But it has multi-colored sparkles. I was struck by how pretty all the little colors danced around in the light. So subtle but it's there.


Rose Platine

I don't have any other eyeliner that is anything like it. If this was an eyeshadow, I would buy it too. Just to show you what I mean, here are a couple of swatches. One was taken in direct sunlight and the other with flash.






I like this not so much as the main eyeliner but as the accent color for the bottom lashline and above the black eyeliner that I use to tightline my upper lashline. So pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment