Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bare Escentuals 100% Natural Lip Gloss in Rose

Bare Escentuals 100% Natural Lip Gloss in Rose

I had a few of these sample size Bare Escentuals lip glosses in the shade Rose that I'd given away to friends before. I got them in a Sephora lip set awhile back. The sample size looks exactly the same as the regular lip gloss except the tube is a little shorter.


Rose in bright sunlight

The shade Rose is described as a mauve pink. I suppose that kind of sounds right although it does lean brown and it has bits of sparkle. It makes for a shimmery lip when on.




The applicator is a brush, which works well to distribute the color on the lips. The consistency is on the sticky side but it's comfortable on. The big selling point is probably that the ingredients are purportedly all-natural. Given that we consume a lot of what we put on our lips, this is kind of nice. However, the product is highly scented. The scent is decidedly vanilla, which calls to mind glazed donuts and a bunch of other sweet confections. The idea is nice but I think they went rather overboard with it. After a few minutes, I find that I can't stand it. And even if I try to pretend it doesn't bother me, I get into the car and it's the first thing my husband notices. Unfortunately, he complains about it so it's something I can't wear around him.


Bare Escentuals 100% Natural Lip Gloss in Rose

It's also disconcerting to me that I smell it and yet when I lick my lips, I taste something that doesn't match the delicious scent. The taste isn't awful but it sure isn't delicious like glazed donuts! I like the color and I've tried a few other colors from the line that I find appealing, like Cupcake and Sangria but the big downer for me is simply the strong scent. For this reason, I won't buy it in full-size.


No comments:

Post a Comment