Thursday, April 21, 2011

Neutrogena MoistureShine Gloss in Nutri Berry

If you've read my review of the Neutrogena MoistureShine Glosses Healthy Peach and Fruity Pink here, then you know how I feel about this formula. I caught them at a really good price one time at Target so I decided that I should get another color. This time, I came home with Nutri Berry.

Neutrogena MoistureShine Gloss in Nutri Berry

I knew from previous experience that these would apply smoothly and feel very moisturizing. It is pretty sheer so it's easy to wear and layers nicely with lipsticks. Wear time is average for a gloss but it remains comfortable all throughout.

130 Nutri Berry

When I was browsing the aisles for this gloss, a lady came up to me and asked if I liked these lipglosses. It was almost funny because I had just written the review for it then and so I answered with conviction that I did like them. I had an extra coupon too so I offered her one. Hey, another dollar saved for everyone. I think we both went home pretty happy.

There is another thing that amuses me about this gloss. I wanted to show it in pictures too. When the gloss is brand new and you pull up the applicator for the first time, it's kind of cool to watch the vacuum pull all the gloss down and you see how the tube design ensures that not so much gloss sticks to the doe foot as you slip it out. With use, the top part of the tube eventually fills with gloss.






I think that Nutri Berry is a color that works well by itself. It isn't too bright but it livens up the face. It's a happy color. Sometimes, I layer it with my Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Elise because they're in the same color family. It intensifies the red tones of Elise and they make a good match. All told, on my lips, I feel like they look so similar that if I didn't spend the money on Elise, I would just wear this. But it is a gloss and applies a little more sheerly. I think layers work so much better.


130 Nutri Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment