Thursday, April 28, 2011

Maybelline Express Finish Nail Color in Sheer Satin Slip

When it comes to sheer nail polish, I feel like I shouldn't have to spend so much. In my twenties, I turned to Maybelline for my color fix and this was the kind of shade that I wore all the time.


Maybelline Express Finish Nail Color in Sheer Satin Slip

Such sheer pinks are goof-proof. Mistakes are barely noticeable when you apply, and even if they start to chip, you can barely see. So they tend to look nice for extended periods. Ordinarily, I would do a base, 2 coats of color and the top coat. For these pictures, I did a base and 3 coats of color, with no top coat. I think the color shows up better and I ended up liking it very much that I didn't bother with the top coat.

Maybelline Sheer Satin Slip


The other nice thing about this nail polish is that it dries quickly. I got dressed, did my nails, checked my email and left for the gym. My nails remained perfect, even when I barely gave it time to set.

Sheer Satin Slip is also great for achieving a French manicure. I rarely do french tips because I can't be troubled but I think it looks good on certain occasions. I also prefer that the tips don't look chalk-white. For the tips, I use a sheer frosted white with a silvery sheen. Snow Bunny, from the same line, works perfectly. I've also tried using one coat of a sheer white from Essie called Jackie Oh My, and then put one coat of Snow Bunny on top. That works to make the whites look whiter but still give it the silvery white frost of Snow Bunny.


From left: Sheer Satin Slip, Snow Bunny

Maybelline still gets good scores for budget nails in sheer shades. The color is pretty, the brush is good and it's set in less than a minute. I don't know how good the dark colors are, but the combo above, I'd buy any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment