Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mascara Quicknotes: A few formulas I've tried lately

Clinique Lash Power Mascara

Clinique Lash Power Mascara (Long Wearing Formula) - I imagine this to be one of those mascaras that some people love and some people just don't love. I appreciate a few things about it, like the brush, which is very easy to use.


Clinique Lash Power Mascara

It truly has staying power and does not budge until you want to remove it. However, it doesn't seem to do that much for length, volume or curl. All I get is a little bit of color on my lashes. This works fine if you have lush lashes but not so for me.

As for removal, the instructions say to use warm water (39 C) to remove it and that works. I tried it with makeup remover and that does not work, which makes it a pain for me because I have to clean it off with warm water on a cotton pad before I can clean off the rest of my eye makeup with eye makeup remover. It also comes off in tiny tubes that sometimes irritate my eye while I'm removing it but not while I'm wearing it. If you're the kind who wears very little other eye makeup and you just wash off all your makeup in the shower, this may work for you. It does not work for me.


Urban Decay Big Fatty Waterproof Mascara

Urban Decay Big Fatty Waterproof Mascara - This is probably one of the least effective mascara formulas I've tried. Urban Decay makes a lot of nice things so I don't get why this is a rather mediocre mascara. The brush is so big and awkward to use. I think it's made it a lot harder to apply the mascara. 


Urban Decay Big Fatty Waterproof Mascara

I think that the mascara itself is a little runny and it hardly does anything to my lashes. I see no improvement in volume or length. I could barely tell that it's there.


Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel Sophistique

Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel Sophistique (Volume-Length-Curl-Separation) - This holds up to claims of volume, length, curl and separation. My sparse lashes look lush with this on. It does not clump and I think that the style of the brush has a lot to do with that.


Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel Sophistique

However, I've found that this mascara dries quickly. This is the unfortunate fault of all the Chanel Inimitable mascaras I've tried. Whether trial size or full size. It just quickly changes in texture once you've opened it. Unfortunately, as it dries, the less smoothly it applies. I also often get irritation when wearing it. I think that the mascara flakes off in tiny pieces that fall into the eye. This saddens me because especially when it's a brand new tube, it looks so good on.


Chanel Mascara Lash Enhancing Base

Chanel Mascara Lash Enhancing Base - I got this tube when Chanel had a buy two get one free on mascaras. I had high hopes for it but unfortunately, this base doesn't do anything to improve mascara length or wear. I don't think it does much to add volume either. I honestly don't know what this is supposed to do because it doesn't do anything, good or bad. It's white when you see it on the brush.


Chanel Mascara Lash Enhancing Base

When you put it on, it applies very smoothly. I almost feel like it's some kind of lash conditioner. But I can never tell if it's dry or not. I don't even know if it really does ever dry up so I just put on the black mascara after. Sad to say, this isn't working for me. I'm a believer in using a mascara base to improve the way lashes look and to extend wear. I feel that this does not do either of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment