Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder in 01 Blondes

The Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder is a compact powder that can be used as a bronzer and/or blush. It's a sheer powder with a mosaic pattern that features five different shades. Some of the shades are matte and the others are shimmery so the allover look is a light sunkissed glow.

Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder in 01 Blondes

I have 01 Blondes, which, even if I'm not blonde, works rather well with my generally fair, warm coloring. It features softer shades with a light tan and pink in the mix. The Brunette version has richer and more bronze tones and a coral highlight.

Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder in 01 Blondes

What attracted me to this bronzing powder was the effortlessly natural way that it applied. It seems impossible to overdo. Because of the slightly pink tone, I love it more as a blush rather than an allover bronzer but I do apply it like a bronzer. I just angle my brush so that it applies most heavily in the cheek area. I've been using this regularly since I got it. I can't get enough of it!




I'm fairly new to the world of Guerlain bronzers but have heard that they've really set the bar high. I have to agree with that, based on the two products I have from the Terracotta line. These are the bronzers to beat. I have discovered two things about it though, that are rarely discussed. One is that the product is heavily scented. I happen to like the way it smells so it does not bother me. The other is that the texture of the powder is truly fine. The powder itself seems so insanely light despite being in pressed form. It's totally impressive.


01 Blondes (in sunnier lighting)

As for the price, they are quite expensive. If I had a gripe, I would say, for that price, it should have come with a brush. The compact would have to be redesigned to accomodate one though. And I wish it was refillable because I can imagine going through the compact rather quickly. There is a hole at the bottom of the compact, which gives me the impression that they were intended to be refillable. I have never heard of refills for these though. I tried poking it with a pen but I guess the pan is glued very well to the compact that it did not pop out. I also noticed that new (regular) bronzers have been repackaged and the hole is no longer there. When I get down to the review for the new bronzers, I should have some pictures of the new compact.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I actually received one of these (the brunette) as a present but it came with a brush. I'm not sure how to use the brush!? It's a thin brush with a button at the bottom. The instruction says that I need to press it a few times before the first application. Do you perhaps know what the brush does and how it works?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure about the brush that you've just mentioned. As far as I know, this bronzer does not come with a brush. I did not receive one with my purchase and I could not find any mention anywhere that there is supposed to be a brush with it.

    Guerlain does make other bronzers that come with a brush but all the ones I've seen are small round kabuki-style brushes. There's a highlighter from Guerlain that has a built-in brush, which sounds a bit like what you've described. You press the button to dispense product onto the brush. You will have to press the button a few times before anything comes out. But after the initial application, the product will dispense with a single push of the button.

    If this is not what you mean, I guess it might be a good idea to seek out a Guerlain counter. If you can't visit one, maybe try to call one. Sorry I can't be of more help.

    ReplyDelete