Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser and Face Cream

Since purchasing a Clarisonic, I've been on a renewed quest to find a really good, gentle cleanser in liquid form. Don't get me wrong, I still like my Clinique Facial Soap but I can't use a bar with my supersonic toy and I still like liquid cleansers. Enter the Soy Face Cleanser from Fresh.

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

The cleanser comes out of the tube as a milky white liquid with a mild soy scent. It's soap-free and contains a group of soy extracts which are supposedly good for the skin. It doesn't lather up with tons of bubbles but just enough to keep the feel that I'm used to. It does not hurt the eyes so I feel like I can clean that area well too. I've used it by itself and with the Clarisonic. It doesn't leave my skin dry and it doesn't break me out. I just feel nice and clean. Overall, I'm happy with it. At 1.7 ounces for $15, it doesn't seem too bad. The 5.1 oz. tube is $38 and a much better value if you really like it.

Fresh recommends using it with the Soy Face Cream which contains a fusion of soy proteins, antioxidants and vitamins. It's lightweight and feels nice on the skin. I think it's easily absorbed and the moisturizing properties are good. However, and this is a big thing, I cannot believe the way this product smells. The mildest way to put it is that I just simply do not like the way it smells. I cannot describe it. Something to do with lemons but not so good. And I don't think the smell completely goes away!

Fresh Soy Face Cream

The 1.7 oz. cream is $38, which makes it three times the price of Clinique's famed yellow moisturizer (1.7 oz of that is $13). It seems quite a lot that I would expect it to be much more than just a moisturizer. Maybe it is. But maybe they could have done something about the smell? I imagine that the manufacturers probably did not want to overload it with fragrance but they already put a fragrance in (it's in the ingredients list) that I wish they could have made it better. It seems like a small thing but I think that a lot of people take that into consideration when they spend their money. So yay for the cleanser, nay for the cream.

Fresh had sample packets of the cleanser and moisturizer and I've found that I've accumulated a bunch of them from the past. I really like the way they're packaged that I thought I would include a shot here. I feel like they should sell these as travel packets!  Granted it's not my favorite cream, I really do like the cleanser. These packets are convenient for trips to the gym and the pool. Tear it up, use it and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment