Saturday, April 30, 2011

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Biarritz

For the last couple of weeks, I'd been going back to my nude lip habit, which entails a couple of new things. But at the core of it has been the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Biarritz.

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Biarritz

I zeroed in on this color when I finally saw the entire collection. This was my first pick. I knew it would be useful and there was no way that it wasn't going to look good on me. I was not disappointed.


Swatches from left: Biarritz, Evasion

It needs to be emphasized that the Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks are sheer. Your natural lip color will show through the lighter shades. Always. I applied multiple coats to more clearly show the color for the picture below but for normal wear, you would probably use much less.



Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Biarritz

I also wanted to show some items that can be used with Biarritz to create a little more definition. The Chanel Lip Definer Pencil in Natural is a close match. Sometimes I also use the Sephora Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil in Sweet Beige or I top with the Guerlain KissKiss Gloss in Frizzy Mango for a summery, orange feel.

Swatches from left: Natural Lip Definer, Sweet Beige Pencil, Biarritz

I'm fond of the Rouge Coco Shine line of lipsticks. I think it's nice for when you want just a hint of color and a high dose of shine but you don't want to slick on gloss. It does have that gloss feel and at times, I feel like I'm using a glamorous Chapstick but it's a luxury you're entitled to if you want it and you can afford it. If Biarritz isn't your color, I have swatches of other shades in another post. Just click the label Rouge Coco Shine below and you'll be directed to the post with swatches and my review of Elise, Evasion, Boy and Bel Ami.


Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Biarritz


No comments:

Post a Comment