Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Lady Muck

From Butter London's Spring/Summer 2011 collection, this is Lady Muck. Also from this collection is Teddy Girl which I have reviewed here.

Lady Muck

I'd say the color is more of a dusky blue grey with silver sparkles. The miniscule glitter particles change the texture quite a bit. It has a little grit. It's not as stellar as some other Butter London polishes I've tried but it wasn't too difficult to get 3 coats to dry.

Butter London Lady Muck

I took some shots at a later date, with just two coats on, in varying degrees of sunlight. I think I like 3 coats better.

2 coats Lady Muck
2 coats Lady Muck in brighter light

This color is rather out of the box for me. The funky name doesn't really appeal to me either. However, I'd been looking to try something blue on my toes and the hint of silver on this attracted me. It does border on pastel but the grey tones and the subtle silver glitter gives it a little swankiness.

From left: Teddy Girl, Lady Muck

Butter London polishes last me a good number of days without chipping and I've grown to like the line very much. I prefer a cream finish over glitter but I'd say this one's alright. I do want to highlight the design of the bottle, which I like very much. It's slim and wide. The rectangular cap comes off to reveal a round top which is easier to hold while applying. The shade name is at the bottom of the bottle.




No comments:

Post a Comment