Friday, April 8, 2011

Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Teddy Girl

Butter London has 5 new shades out for Spring/Summer 2011. Pinks are where I normally gravitate to so naturally I picked up Teddy Girl.


Butter London Nail Lacquer in Teddy Girl ($14)

Pink, yes. But it was a slightly different pink from what I was expecting. It's not sheer, which I appreciate, since I have a whole slew of sheer pink polishes. But, the opaque baby pink kind of looks a little like I colored my nails with pink Wite-Out, if that makes sense. I'm not sure it's my favorite pink this season.

With much effort, I managed to coat each nail to a satisfactory opacity but in general, it's a bit streaky. I normally like Butter London's formula but this one doesn't quite apply so evenly. It resists chipping and last a good number of days but I really wish it looked more even on. I had a similar problem with Essie's Topless & Barefoot which I eventually solved with an adjustment in the way I apply it so this may yet work out. However, as far as spring neutrals go, I think I like Topless & Barefoot better. On the other hand, I think Teddy Girl would highlight a tan. I feel like it makes my hands look darker than they are when I look at it sometimes. I don't know if that's a good thing.


Butter London Teddy Girl

My daughter seems to like the color very much and she keeps touching my nails (she's 4) so I guess this might appeal to younger girls. I've told her that we could paint her toenails with it sometime and she got all excited. I guess I'm keeping this one :) I'll also be reviewing Lady Muck, from the same collection, and will post that sometime soon.


From Butter London's Spring/Summer 2011 collection, from left: Lady Muck, Teddy Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment