Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Burberry Sheer Luminous Fluid Foundation

I've mentioned trying out a bunch of different foundations these last few months. I won't bore you with the details of my shade quest, but I did try a whole bunch before I settled on the one I currently use. My dual-undertone really challenged me with this brand.



Burberry housed this foundation in a heavy-looking bottle that as it turned out, wasn't as heavy as I anticipated. It's boxy, which is quite in tune with the packaging of the rest of the makeup. The lid is enormous and I don't think it's made for travel. Once opened, it reveals the pump bottle.

Burberry Sheer Foundation ($52)

It is a sheer foundation but I've found the coverage to be adequate for my daily needs. I wore this exclusively on a trip to California and it held up well. Back home in the east, with cooler weather, I remained satisfied with its performance. With a foundation brush, it's easy to blend it out to a natural finish. It really seems to disappear into the skin. If you wear Armani Luminous Silk foundation, I think you will like Burberry Sheer Luminous Fluid Foundation. It will be a tad sheerer but the finish is lovely.


From left: Shade No. 4, 5, 6 and 7

The formula itself feels seems well-crafted. It's light on the skin. It's highly scented, which may bother some but I don't mind it at all. I wish the bottle was more travel-friendly but as it is huge and boxy, I just leave this at home. It's expensive and probably not something I'd wear on a formal occasion because of the light coverage, but I really like it for everyday. Overall, I'd say if you can find your shade, this is a real contender.

No comments:

Post a Comment